Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hubby Craft


This one was made by my beloved hubby.  He made me a sliding shelf for my under-the-sink-garbage.


He was kind enough to record the whole project with my camera.

It all started with a simple impulse buy at Ikea.

They had these drawer pulls on sale for $1.99 a pair.  We cut the wood, and attached the pulls.





We (and I do mean HE) added the little rail.

So now I have a drawer for my garbage.  No more pulling it our when I want to get into it.  Beats the $50 to buy one at the big box stores.

The grand total for our one?  About $12.


Do you have anyone who makes nice things for you?  Tell me about it.

Where I Party:


5 comments:

  1. love it! great job. i do have some one, but he's to far away to make stuff right now! lol sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. Not sure my husband is quite that handy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to note if there is anyone hoping to learn from this project. The rails do work; however, they are a bit stiff, probably due to the added weight (they are meant to be side-mounted). We sprayed a bit of WD40 which helped a great deal. Also, not reflected in the picture is a third rail I added to the center to make it a bit sturdier when fully extended.

    The Ikea we go to has a few hundred of these drawer pulls for sale, definitely a good buy: never know when you'll need to add a pull-out feature to a piece of furniture. Chandeen has already requested adding them to her "Roadkill Dresser" http://designedbychance.blogspot.com/2011/06/roadkill-dresser.html to make the drawers easier to pull.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful/brilliant idea. Love it! Thanks for your comment on my fruit basket. It is a gift for our financial planner who went above & beyond in providing some services for us. I do give fruit baskets a lot! Everyone loves fruit, right?

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband did a great job.

    Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun. This post has been featured on Kreative Korner. Feel free to grab the 'Featured on Kreative Korner' button from the side bar and to use it on your blog.

    The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)