Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Year Anniversary - Thank You


Although the very first post was in November, I really didn't get the ball rolling until January, so I'm celebrating my one year anniversary now.

I have come so far.  So much has happened to me...ok...not that much has happened, but it was still a good year.  I finished graduate school, I traveled to India, Alaska, and soon I will be on my way to Australia.  

My blogging and crafting were in high gear all summer, with projects on furniture (here and here), and painting projects (here) as well.

Blogging for me started out as a way for me to show off my crafts.  In many ways it still is, but this blog has become a lot more.  It became a place to make new friends.  I have made some wonderful friends who share my love of crafts and home improvement.  They have told me about their lives and taken the time to learn about mine.

What I have discovered over the year is that these friendships are more important than my blog, my crafts or how many followers I have.  I used to worry that I did not have enough followers, but what I have learned is that it is not the quantity of followers but the quality.  I have so many great followers who really make me feel important.  You read this little blog, and you make the most thoughtful comments.

So this post is to officially a "thank you" to my readers, for keeping me going.  I know I don't post as much as I used to, but you keep reading, and for that I thank you.  I really could not have kept this blog going for the whole year without you.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary! Your opening to this post is so so true! Isn't this the greatest? Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I'm a long way off that myself but look forward to the learning curve. I hope you will take us all along with you to Australia! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)