Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The State of Our Well


Hubby and I were gardening one day and we found a hole in the ground.  I mean a HOLE!!!  It was deep an quite scary.  So we covered it back up and called up the local well drillers for an estimate.

This is what they uncovered:


Looks like three of the walls to this well fell in.  We even found a little spider too.


After digging around a little the workers said the could fix it.  And the good news?  They did not have to dig a whole new well.  They are just going to raise up the pipe so it is above ground.  Then I could put in one of these little wishing wells.
I know, it is a little silly, but so cute.  We have a guy down the road who makes them, I would love to give him some work.

For less than we thought, we will have a new clean well, WITHOUT, the dirt in our pipes.  Yay.

Ah ... being a home owner is a lot of work.  I can't wait to get rid of that hole and clean up the yard.

2 comments:

  1. dirt in pipes does not sound good at all! my sister in law has one of those cute wishing wells, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work, clean water is essential. I like those little wishing wells! How about a wishing well gnome to watch over it???

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)