Monday, July 9, 2012

Jolly Rancher Vodka by Chance


I love Weddings.  I missed  a bunch of them while living in India and now make every effort to attend all the weddings I do get invited to.  So when my old friend from Scotland told me she was celebrating her new marriage I convinced hubby to drive 9 hours to attend.  We had such a blast.  I knew I wanted to give her something special, so I dug deep into my creative psyche and made her a gift that was designed especially for her.  It was Designed by Chance (ha, had to throw that in there).



I will be sharing all the crafts I made for this special gift over time.  Today, as the title indicates, I will show you how I made Jolly Rancher Vodka.



Nothing could be easier than Jolly Rancher Vodka.  I used the tutorial found at Mix that Drink but used cheaper bottles (they still look great, I think).

First we separated the Jolly Ranchers by flavor.  Hubby helped with that.


Then just put 9 Jolly Ranchers in each flask (the flasks I bought were 7 ounces).


Add vodka:


Then wait for the Jolly Ranchers to break down and flavor the vodka.  I added hand made labels with my blog logo and the flavor on the back.  It was all tied together with baker's twine in my friend's wedding color (red).




Put all together, they looked amazing.


Now, of course, I made myself a batch as well.  I can attest that the flavor is really nice.  Not too sweet.

Be sure to check back for some more tutorials and all the other components of the gift.  

Do you like to make handmade gifts or go with the registry?  In this case, there was no registry, so I didn't have to make that choice.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delish! Did the Jolly Ranchers dissolve completely?

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)