Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY Jewelry Display Frame



I have been dragging my feet on this one, and it was so easy.  Now I'm happy it is done.  My jewelry looks great.

Here's how I did it.

1) Gather supplies

You will need:
1 sheet of metal with holes (I love this quatrefoil design)
1 wire clipper
1 frame
1 piece of chalk to mark the metal (the pen did not work, I used fabric chalk instead)

2) Cut the metal to fit the frame

3) Take the glass out of the frame and put the metal in.

4) I liked the look of some white in the background so I used the back of the picture that came in the frame.


5) Put the backing to the frame back in to hold everything in place.

6) Insert jewelry.  I added hooks for my necklaces, and just screwed them into the backing of the frame.  For the earrings I just hooked them through the metal (there is room).


7) Hang and enjoy!

I love being able to see all my favorite earrings and necklaces.

Those gold ones up there are my favorite.  I have quite a few long ones I must admit.

Alright, I have to look at the first shot again.  Just for me.



So what do you think?  How do you organize your jewelry?

P.S. My good jewelry is stashed away out of sight.  Only for special occasions.

  handmade projects
DIY Show Off
Fox Hollow Cottage
Crafty Confessions

5 comments:

  1. love this! i need this for my earrings, b/c they are just lumped together by color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to do this so everything is easy to find. It turned out great! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super good idea, my jewelry is a wee bit jumbled right now and could use some love :) Thank you for sharing!

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you but the sheet of metal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sheet of metal can be found at Loews or any well stocked harware store.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)